Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Welcome!

When I was in elementary and middle school, I had a collection of paper journals that I used to record my experiences, document my crushes, and process my emotions.  In high school and the first few years of college, I used LiveJournal to share my experiences, crushes, and raw emotions with all of my closest friends (and some strangers I met on the internet).  I'm well beyond feeding off of the heady drama fueled by passive-aggressively trying to work out my emotions in a semi-public forum, but I learned through my LiveJournal experience, as well as through comments my family and friends have made, that I really like telling stories about what's been happening in my life - and I'm good at it, too!  I've recently moved away from home to start my graduate career, and it's hard to talk to everyone everyday, remember all the stories I wanted to tell them all, keep the stories lively for each re-telling.  It occurred to me that a blog would be a perfect outlet for me - a way to share my stories of grad school and the life that I am developing around it - hilarious, torturous, thrilling, esoteric - with my loved ones, as well as anyone else who stumbles upon me (in the traditional sense of the word, I mean.  God, how cool would it be if my blog wound up on Stumble?  But I digress..)

So welcome, dear readers.  I hope to check in at least once a week, but please extend some patience and mercy for the girl with 600 pages of reading a week.  And on that note, my homework calls...

No comments:

Post a Comment